.

.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lame.

That would be the word I'd like to use for how slack I've been this month on updating the blog.  I'd like to blame it all on the fact that February is a short month...but mostly I need to blame it on laziness.   Finding the energy to update this in the last few weeks has been like finding a needle in a haystack.  There's probably a snowball's chance in hell that I would be able to recap the last four weeks, so taking a page from my friend Nickie, I'll give you the Cliff's Notes version of our February.

-Rachel and Bubba came to town and we went to a show at the Double Door Inn.  We stayed up way too late.  Buddy had to go to the vet for his second flu shot (don't even ask...)

-We celebrated Valentine's Day with a nice quiet evening at home.  My hubby knows the way to my heart...snacks...and got me a big variety box of Zapp's potato chips shipped in from Louisiana (the world's greatest chips by the way).  We made homemade pizza and chocolate dipped goodness for dessert.  Like any good nerd should, we also watched Watson kick some serious human butt on Jeopardy.







-The weather has been GORGEOUS!  We took Buddy on his first trip to the dog park and he had a blast.  He was very well-mannered, though I can't say as much for some of the other doggies there who couldn't take no for an answer when it came to "loving" on Buddy.  He proceeded to dunk his entire giant head into every bucket of water we came across...his whole head, mouth open like he was fishing for something on the bottom, and then looked at all of us like it was completely normal.

He's so excited it's warm out!



Best $8 we ever spent.



-We bought a new mattress!  Yay!  Our mattress is only about 162 years old, so it was time to spring for a new one.  Our anniversary is next Monday, and the second anniversary is Cotton.  So, we decided we'd get ourselves a nice new mattress, sheets, and comforter set.  :-)

-On a sad note, Barrett's Uncle Jerome passed away last Tuesday morning.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September, so we all knew that he didn't have long, but I don't think anyone expected it to be quite so soon.  We went to Richlands/Jacksonville, NC for the funeral this weekend.  Please send your thoughts and prayers over to the Venters family.

I hope you all had a lovely February.  March is here and that means spring and summer are right around the corner!


1 comment: