.

.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Diet Cake? Yes, Please.

OK...I've been wanting to try this cake for like...7 years?  I found it on a Weight Watchers discussion board when I big-time followed the WW program back in college.  I never got around to trying it, so this week I got a wild hair about me and decided to go for it.

Holy Yummy Town.

Two ingredients...cake mix and a diet soda.  That's it.  No eggs.  No oil.  No water.  Dry cake mix and 10 ounces of your favorite diet soda and you are on your way to a low cal dessert that doesn't taste like one.

I tried lemon cake mix (because lemon is awesome) and diet ginger ale.  Delish!  They say that dark cakes (chocolate, Devil's Food, etc.) go well with dark sodas (Coke, root beer, etc.) and that light cakes (white, yellow) go well with light sodas (Sprite, ginger ale, etc.)

This will be making a frequent appearance in my kitchen.  I am a total sweets junkie.  I just can't help myself.  I'd rather eat a piece of pie than a steak.  Seriously.  Now, I'll just have to keep myself from eating the whole pan at once! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment