.

.

Monday, June 1, 2009

One weekend down...15 or so to go!

We made it through our first big adventure of the summer! A quick little trip to the Greenville area, and we had a great time!
I spent the weekend out on the Pamlico River (not the Tar like I thought before) and had a wonderful time with the girls from work. We spent the whole day Saturday out on the boat. It was finally sunny...I've been waiting for a sunshine filled day for weeks now! So we soaked up a little sun and good company, and enjoyed some much needed relaxation.
Barrett got to spend some time with Matt, Jenna, and Landon. They went to the ECU baseball regionals and watched us lose miserably on Saturday to South Carolina. But, ECU rallied and ended up winning two games yesterday which puts us into an elimination game today against SC again...keep your fingers crossed! Go Pirates! :-)
Buddy had a blast, too. He got to spend some time with his cousin Beau. He also swam in a pool that wasn't his...see insert. :-) Barrett took Buddy and Beau to Jenna's mom's house to spend some time in the back yard while they headed to the baseball game. Barrett said as soon as he opened the fence, Buddy headed straight for the pool. It looks like Beau's saying, "Gosh, Buddy. I really want to get in there, but I'm not so sure we're supposed to!" Eventually, Beau joined the party. Hey...it was hot...they're labs...it's what they do! He then proceeded to sleep the entire day away on Sunday.
Next weekend we're heading in opposite directions. Barrett's headed for a boys' weekend at Emerald Isle with his brother and cousins. Sounds like nothing but trouble to me! :-) I'll be at my best friend Lora's bachelorette party in Myrtle Beach. I can't wait to get my toes in the sand for the first time this summer! We're all keeping our fingers crossed for more sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment