.

.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sorry!

I know it's been over a month since we've posted...sorry! I've thought about posting quite a few times, but it seems there's just never enough time to do so! So...let's try to catch up.

The first football game was so fun! ECU beat App State in a close game. We dominated pretty much the whole game...until the 4th quarter. We're not quite sure where they came from all of a sudden. Apparently, our players were getting cramps from the heat. Really? You live and play in Greenville...did you not practice in that awful heat all summer?? Oh well...we pulled out a win, so I guess that's all that really matters! :-)

The next weekend we stayed in Charlotte. Saturday night we went to a couple's shower for Travis and Anna (who are getting married in Jamaica on the 23rd). It was a lot of fun, Jamacian themed, and full of good food and lots of wine! After the party, I thought it would be fun to go Uptown. Really, Rebecca? I probably haven't been out Uptown in more than a year. It wasn't the best idea I've ever had. Poor Barrett was the designated driver for the night, and I am certain he would have much rather headed home after the party. I definitely paid for it on Sunday morning. :-)

The next weekend, Matt and Lora came to Charlotte! We just love hanging out with them. Richmond is just too far away! They brought they're dog Cody, and he and Buddy had fun hanging out together. Well, Buddy had fun hanging out with him. Poor Cody probably couldn't wait to get away from our energy ball! They also brought our awesome new island with them! They found it in a showroom in Richmond that was going out of business. It's so perfect in our kitchen. I thought I was going to lose my mind if I didn't get some more counter space! So, we were more than excited that they brought it down to us! We mostly did a lot of lounging around, watched the ECU/UNC game (not a good showing), and then headed to an Irish pub for dinner. The weekend definitely went too fast and we hope we're able to see them again very soon! We got a few good things done around the house on Sunday. Cleaned out the pantry, made the island the new home for things from our over flowing cabinets, and found some Buddy Biscuit mix! So, we made treats for Buddy! He loves them! He was very patient during the hour and a half long process, but I believe he would tell you it was worth the wait!

We had a slight change in plans the next weekend. We were planning to head to Greenville for the ECU/UCF game, but circumsatnces changed a bit and we didn't end up staying. We did get to stop and spend the night in Raleigh though to spend a (very) little time with Rachel. Again, Raleigh is just too far away and we wish we got to see Rachel and Bubba more. Looks like we may just need to move north a little bit!

This past weekend, I went to Anna's bachelorette party in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach. We had a great time and I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a long time. Barrett hung back in Charlotte with Buddy and took it easy.

This weekend we'll be in Charlotte again. Yay! I have a nice long weekend Fri-Sun. Barrett has to work Saturday :-( but hopefully I'll get some much needed things around the house taken care of.

Exactly two more weeks till we leave for Jamaica! We can't wait. We are in desperate need of a little vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment