.

.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beech Mountain

I got to go up to Beech Mountain this past weekend to do a little snowboarding and hang out with my good friend Doug. It was a blast! They had just gotten 20 inches of new snow but it was already cleared off the roads so no problem getting up to Beech. Once we got to the house we had to shovel some snow just to get the cars off the street - which is a lot harder than you think if you have never had to clear snow before. Doug had two of his friends plus they all brought along dogs (which I wasn't aware of or maybe I would had Buddy come along). We hung around the house and watched the Olympics before deciding to try our hand at bobsledding down the ice covered roads behind the house. I ended up in a snow bank and ripped my pants but it might have been the best sledding I have ever done.

Next day it took a while to get everyone up and moving but we got to the slope early enough to get a couple of good runs and then it started to get crowded. The conditions were great. They couldn't blow snow because it was about 45-50 degrees and with all the recent snow they had all the slopes open plus no ice anywhere. I was worried, since I haven't been in two years, that it would take a while to get back into it but it was like riding a bike you never forget. We stayed until they kicked us off and headed back to the house to get ready for the night. We lucked out and they actually had a band playing up on the mountain at the only local bar. So the trip was a lot of fun and I am glad I went but now I am getting sick so I might be paying for it the next few days.

Here's a couple of photos from the weekend.


-Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment