.

.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coupon Crazy!!

Well, it's 7:56 on my day off and I have already been to Starbucks, Harris Teeter, and been home to make breakfast and have another cup of coffee.  What on Earth would make me, a definite not-a-morning person, get up at the crack of dawn...again, on my day off...to venture out?  Triple coupon days at Harris Teeter! 

So, I've been clipping coupons and shopping the Triple Coupon and Super Double Coupon days at HT for a few years now.  I definitely always save money...not a gazillion dollars like those crazy folks on that new Extreme Couponing show...but I always consider saving about as much as I spend a good deal.  With that said, when I heard it was Triple Coupon week I thought I might do a little more research to see if I could save any more money.  I've been following the blog Southern Savers for a few years now.  The lady who writes it always has the best tips and secrets to give out!  I don't know where she gets all of her info, but I'm happy she has her ways!  For instance, she knows about deals like the Triple Coupons weeks in advance!  Then, she puts together a few lists of items you can get for super cheap or even FREE!  So, I spent a few hours reading her blog, going through my clipped coupons, printing a few others.  I got up at 5:30 because everytime I try to use coupons there are inevitably always items that are sold out by the time I get there and everything I've read has said that you should be ready to check out at 7 am to get all the deals.  Well, I was the first person there.  :-)  But, I did get pretty much all of the deals I wanted!  Here's the rundown:


-Multi Grain Cheerios
-Mahatma Rice (1 lb)
-Hormel Compleats Meal Lasagna
-French's Spicy Brown Mustard
-French's Worchestershire Sauce
-Frank's Red Hot Sauce
-Franks's Sweet Chili Sauce
-French's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
-Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix
-Zatarain's Red Beans & Rice Mix
-Biltmore Soy Ginger Marinade
-Barilla Elbows
-Barilla Mushroom and Garlic Marinara
-Colgate Whitening Toothpaste
-Oral-B Satin Dental Floss
-Pillsbury Toaster Strudels (2)
-Eggo Fiber Plus Chocolate Chip Waffles
-Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls (2)
-Heluva Good French Onion Dip
-Athenos Blueberry Greek Yogurt (2)
-Coffe Mate Fat Free Vanilla Creamer
-Coffee Mare Far Free Hazelnut Creamer
-Ball Park Light Beef Hot Dogs

Total Price of items before coupons and VIC card values was $77.94....
Price after deductions was.....Drumroll please...

$18.14


That is a savings of 76.7%!!  I was pretty excited about it!  Was it worth getting up at the crack of dawn?  Probably.  :-)  I'll definitely be back next time....maybe just a half hour or so later.

Happy Wednesday Y'all!



2 comments:

  1. Can you come to Greensboro and shop for me please?!??! HAHA You did great- i just dont get couponing....i need the couponing 101 lesson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO REBECS!!!! You hit the jackpot! Now, go back to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete