.

.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July? Seriously?

How fast is the summer flying by?!  Holy cow!  I honestly can't even recall what we've done in the last few weeks in order to give an update!  I can give a bullet point update....and I've always got photos...but no promises that these are in order!  :-)

Play Ball!
Father's Day weekend, Barrett and I went to our first Charlotte Knights baseball game!  It was so fun!  We had great seats...the weather was awesome (it had just rained and cooled off quite a bit)...the game went into 11 innings....and the Knights won!  Bonus:  There were fireworks!!  Not a bonus:  Someone hit our car in the parking lot...that's right...our new car....hit and run...good times.







Showered with Love
We went to Burlington one weekend and I went to a bridal shower for Kristi!  She is getting married in just about a month down in Key Largo!  I am super jealous and am still trying to figure out a way to sneak myself into someone's suitcase. :-)  I also got to meet Katie's baby Landon for the first time!  Really...he's 7 months old now.  Why does it get harder to get together the older we get??  Shouldn't it get easier?!






Cousins
Buddy got to meet his fur cousin for the first time too.  Two hundred pound dogs (one who actually is a puppy and one who just thinks he is) are quite the barrel of fun.  Needless to say I could never get a good picture of them....way too much movement happening.


House Stuff
I've finally conceded to the fact that we're going to be in this house until the end of time.  OK...maybe not exactly that long...but you get the idea.  With that being said, I am finally pulling out some projects that I've had benched for a while.  I stopped doing things to the house/decorting for a while because it was always like, "Well, we aren't going to be here much longer..."  Anywho, now we are, so projects commence!  We started easy and just worked on redecorating our half baths a little bit.  The second floor bathroom (the yellow one) is complete except for a light green valance I'd like to get for above the window.  The first floor half bath is complete...except I have no pictures?  Weird.  Will post those later.  I also FINALLY got two bedside lamps for our bedroom.  How did I live without one before!!??  No idea.  The next project on our list is a little bigger.  We're going to turn our first floor living room into a third bedroom.  We NEVER use it as a living space and it'll be so much more functional as an extra bedroom.











Camp CARE

I just spent 7 days at Camp CARE....a camp for children who have or have had cancer and their siblings.  It was AH-MAZING.  I'll tell you all about that in a separate post.  Suffice it to say it was a wonderful week and I am still exhausted.  :-)

Fourth of July

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  This is the first year in a LONG time that we haven't been at the beach.  I got back from camp on Saturday and we just knew that I'd be tired and we thought it would be nice to just hang out at home for a few days.  We both took of Monday and Tuesday, so we spent a lot of time by the pool just relaxing.  It was lovely...I vote for stay-cations more often.  Jeff and Cindy came over for a cookout on the 4th and we had a great time.

Hope all is well in your neighborhoods!!


No comments:

Post a Comment