.

.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Oh when the Saints...Go marching in!

This weekend we went to the Saints vs Panthers game here in Charlotte.  Sad day to be a Panthers fan...great day to claim Louisiana!  :-)  My mom and stepdad came into town from Burlington to go to the game with us.  It was a beautiful day...a little chilly, but sitting on the sunny side of the stadium helped.  There was a family sitting in front of us who flew to NC from LA for the game.  They lived in Covington, LA which is only about 30 minutes or so from my dad's house.  Small world!  The Panthers fans gave up pretty early (with about 6 minutes left in the the 3rd) which made me sad for the Panthers!  I mean...who wants to play their hardest when no one is rooting for them?  Not me.  We left a little early and headed back to our side of town to have some good old Creole/Cajun cookin' at this new place that opened near our house to celebrate.  :-)  Who dat?





Appropriate koozie for the game.  :-)



This would be right after the mass exodus of Panthers fans.  All that teal and silver - seats.  Sad.

Speaking of sad....how 'bout those Pirates this weekend?  Ew Pirates.  Ew.  Who lets someone score 76 points??!!  Some people don't score 76 points in a season!  Yuck.  Glad I didn't travel to Greenville for that game...poor Barrett did.  But, at least he got to see his mom who had flown in for the weekend.  So, there was the silver lining of the weekend!  :-)

I didn't go to Greenville because a good friend of mine, Aundrea, was having a baby shower here in Charlotte.  She's due in January, and they aren't finding out what the sex of the baby will be.  Bless 'em.  Don't know that I could ever do that!  I'm way too much of a planner!  How fun though to actually have that made for TV moment when the doctor says, "It's a..."  Anywho...the shower was great and I got to see some of my sorority sister's I hadn't seen in a while....including my friend Lauren and her 6 week old baby girl, Ruth.  Too cute.  I think I may have hogged her a little during the 2 hours I was there.  Sorry everyone else!  :-) 

Another fun little tid bit of the weekend is that I got to attend the JDRF Hope Gala.  It is the Charlotte chapter of JDRF's (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) annual fundraiser/award dinner/auction/black tie event.  Our nurse manager for the Peds floor was unable to go and asked the Child Life folks if any of us wanted to go.  No one else could, and I originally said no because my built in date was out of town, but then I decided it would be more fun than sitting at home and doing laundry.  :-)  I went with my friend Angela and had a blast.  It's fun to get all dolled up and pretend to be fancy now and then.  I didn't bid on any auction items though....I thought I'd probably be in a little trouble if I came home with a yacht vacation or a new puppy.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment