.

.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Really January? Gone Already?!

I just can't believe it's the end of January!  Holy moly!  Where did the time go?

We had a wonderful time in Louisiana.  We (obviously) made it there safe and sound...on time...with our luggage!  Amazing!  :-)  Flying into Atlanta was a little questionable...it was so bizarre.  Like flying into Alaska or something!  My dad's surgery went well.  He did way too much way too soon if you ask me, but he's never really been one to sit on the couch.  Shoulder surgery Wednesday, out on the tractor tossing hay on Friday.  Good times.  Let's be honest, if it were me...I'd have still been in the bed having milkshakes for every meal.  :-)

Buddy wanted to come too.

The ice sheet that was the ATL airport.

Good times at the Abita Brewery.


Serve yourself?  Don't mind if I do!

Thomas, Me, and Barrett enjoying the tasting.


Drive Thru Daiquiris....makes me giggle everytime.  :-)

My friend the buffalo at the Global Wildlife Center.


If I could have a pet camel...it would be this guy.


Um...Yum.

Henry Higgins.


Buford.

The next weekend was pretty busy.  Susan, Mike, Matt, Jenna, and Landon all came into town.  It was nice to have everyone all together...Although, along with the good times we also shared some good germs.  :-)  Matt, Jenna, and Landon had all been sick on and off for a few weeks and Barrett was lucky enough to catch a few of their coughs and sneezes.  :-)  Oh well...it's January.  A cold is bound to happen!

That Friday night I was able to go to the Make-A-Wish of Central and Western North Carolina's Wish Ball.  It is such a phenomenal event...great food, great friends, great music...we laughed, we cried.  It was really wonderful and I am so blessed to have a job that allows me to be involved with such amazing organizations.

We clean up nicely.  :-)

My giant friend Kasey.
Not really...she just had tall shoes and I had no shoes.  :-)

Me with Jenny and Ashlyn.

Pretty table.

Unflattering (for almost everyone) Child Life slow dance picture.

Token bathroom shot.  :-)

Last night I went to my friend Katy's house for her annual Clothes Swap.  Brilliant idea she had...Bring all you stuff you don't want anymore (clothes, shoes, accessories, picture frames, small appliances, etc), shop around to see if you want anybody else's old stuff, leave it there, and she donates the leftovers to charity.  Brilliant!  I finally get to clean out all of closets/drawers and attic, and I get to "shop" for a few new things too!  So fun!

Tonight, Barrett is out on the town completely embarrassing himself.  Well, that's my opinion on the situation anyway.  :-)  He came in last place in his Fantasy Football League this year...winner gets money, two losers get to go out uptown in jorts (jean shorts) and make fools of themselves.  Good times.  Glad I'm safe at home.  :-)

Hope everyone was able to enjoy this beautiful day!  I'm not sure if I loved it or hated it for being a tease!  Buddy and I tried to go for a nice long walk, but he was having a bad day apparently b/c it was a terrible walk that ended in him knocking my sunglasses off my face and breaking them.  Yes...that would be the second pair of Ray Bans that have been lost/damaged in the last 6 months.  I supposed it's just not meant to be.  No worries, Buddy and I have made up and we are enjoying a nice quiet night at home. 

Happy end of January everyone!

1 comment: