.

.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Goodness

Happy Belated Valentines Day, y'all! Hope you all felt loved and snuggled.

It was a busy day! I started the festivities by having little party for the kiddies at work. I seriously have the best job. Ever.

Barrett and I met over at E's school for the Valentine's Day Ball. Yep. A ball. Perhaps it's more festive for the older classes at school, but for our little bunch of babies it's mostly just another day! Ellison will obviously not ever remember that we came to her first party, but we will! Besides, any excuse to hang out with my little peanut is OK by me. She's seriously the happiest little nugget on the planet. I could just eat her up!

Barrett and I always make spaghetti and meatballs for Valentines Day. It's kind of our thing. We spend time making it all from scratch and enjoy some wine and each others company. Well, having a baby throws a small wrench in that! There isn't a whole lot of extra time in the day to leisurely sip wine. Fret not...Barrett's stepmom made us a whole spaghetti dinner, including salad, a nice bottle of Cab Sav, garlic bread, and Godiva chocolates. Best part - delivered right to our door. We got E down for the night and enjoyed a delicious dinner.

We exchanged sweet cards and E got a Fisher Price iPad case. She's interested in the sounds and lights now, so we thought a little protection from chewing and drool was in order.

I know a lot of people aren't big fans of V-Day, but I really don't think there's anything wrong with a day made to celebrate love!


(Side note: I'm blogging from my phone, so all my pictures are bunched together. Anyone know how to change that?)















No comments:

Post a Comment