.

.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

PTDT - Jalapeno Popper Chicken

In this installment of Pin There, Done That...Jalapeno Popper Chicken.  I made this recipe for Barrett's birthday dinner, and it definitely did not disappoint.  I followed the exact recipe in the link, except I used olive oil in place of canola oil. 

The breading was golden and crispy thanks to a little trick mentioned in the post that I will absolutely be using the next time I bread anything in Panko crumbs.  Who knew that toasting the crumbs first was the secret to crispy deliciousness?  Our jalapenos weren't super hot, so if you're looking for a very spicy dish I'd test your pepper first to see if you'd like to add more.  Next time, we may try to do a sort of roulade with the chicken...pounding it out and then rolling it up with the cheesy mix to try to spread it out into every bite just a little more.  I served it with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans, but it would also be good with some saffron or Mexican rice.  I also like to think that this dish is relatively healthy.  Made with reduced fat cheeses, you're really not looking at too many calories or very much fat.  It will definitely be joining our dinner rotation!


No comments:

Post a Comment