.

.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day

We were able to spend Mother's Day in Florida this year.  In addition to it being great because we got to spend it with Susan and Barrett's grandma Jeanne, it was also special because it was my first Mother's Day. Now, I know that some people say, "You're not really a mother yet." And to them, I stick out my tongue and tell them to shove it.  :-)  As far as I'm concerned, I may not be carrying this baby around in my arms yet, but I am carrying her around in my belly and I absolutely feel like a Mommy.  The week leading up to Mother's Day, I received some sweet cards from friends and family, and I got a nice surprise from my sweet hubby on Sunday.  He tricked me a little because when I was getting cards in the mail he said, "Oh, they make cards for mother's to be?"  On Mother's Day morning, I was woken up with a kiss and a little Pandora box.  Inside the box were two new charms for my bracelet...a baby carriage and an "e".

I also got a fun little treat from Ellison...Note the second email in the list below.  :-)



We spent the rest of the day on a nice boat ride and then had a fabulous dinner back at home...complete with lobster, steak, and yummy sides! 

This Mother's Day was special because it was my first...but I can not wait to share next year with my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment