.

.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

26 Week OB Appointment

Today we had our 26 week OB appointment.  I am technically 26 weeks and 3 days, and according to our appointment am measuring right at 27....so we're just about on schedule and if little miss wants to come a few days early, that's fine with me!  According to the scale in the office, I'm up about 19 pounds since pre-pregnancy. 

We got to hear Ellison's beautiful, precious heartbeat again today which was pumping strong at 155 BPM.  As soon as the nurse put the Doppler up to my belly, Ellison gave a big kick and you could hear it "thwomp" through the speaker!  So fun! 

We met another of the doctor's in the practice as well.  Dr. Danner is a super nice guy who we really liked a lot.  As soon as he opened his mouth when he walked in the room to say hello...I said, "Where are you from?"  He said, "I'm from New Orleans."  Knew it.  You can tell a Louisiana accent from a mile away!  So, I told him I grew up in Tickfaw, Louisiana and he said, "Tickfaw!  That's out in the boonies!"  Yes, Dr. Danner, it definitely is!  He went to med school at LSU and we talked a little football during my exam.  If I randomly go into labor one day and he's the MD on call, I'll be OK with it.  :-) 

All in all, it was a really good appointment.  We are scheduled to head back in two weeks for the glucose test and to meet another doctor.  We're officially on the every-other-week appointment schedule now!  It's tick tocking by so fast!!  We'll see if I'm still singing that same tune in July and August though!

No comments:

Post a Comment