.

.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 26

Dear Ellison,

You are 26 weeks old now!  You weigh almost 2 pounds, and head to heel you're about 14 inches!  Your hearing is much more sensitive and you should be able to hear your Daddy and me talking to each other...and to you.  :-)  You are inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid - practicing breathing movements for that first big breath of air. You are soaking up my antibodies and building your immune system.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Twenty Six Weeks...98 days to go! DOUBLE DIGITS!

Weight Gain?  Not 100% sure...I am pretty sure I'm still under 20 pounds...maybe around 17 or 18?  We have an OB appointment on Thursday, so I'll have a real number then.  Yay.  :-)

Sleep? Sleep is great at home...not so much when I'm not at home!  I am just so used to sleeping with my body pillow now that it's really uncomfortable to sleep without it!  I am having weird dreams too.  Last night I dreamed that I was at work and I was so hot that I just kept taking off layers of clothes in my office.  No big deal.  I'm getting up at least twice to pee in the middle of the night.  Won't be sad when that finally goes away!

Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night?  Guess now's as good a time as any to get ready for that though!

Movement?  Oh yes...all the time!  Little miss is definitely doing backflips in there!  Barrett gets to feel her at least once a day.  I'm starting to notice patterns in her awake times.  She's most active around 9:00 am, 2:00 pm, 6:00 pm, and 10:00 pm.  I'm sure she's wiggling in the middle of the night too, but luckily her little punches aren't waking me up quite yet!  I can also SEE her moving around a lot now!  I can watch her move from one side of my belly to the other...a punch on the left, roll to the right, punch on the right.  No real body parts are identifiable yet, but she's quite the show as a rolling wave!  :-)

Food Cravings? Definitely still fruit.  I cut up a big watermelon and two pints of strawberries today.  Hopefully they'll get me through the week!  I have also been wanting french fries!  I have restrained myself and haven't eaten them much, but when we are out to dinner they always sound good!

Any Aversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  I'm definitely notcing myself getting out of breath much easier lately.  Doesn't take much activity to get me winded!

Best Moment this Week?  I was in DC this week for the Child Life Conference.  It was the first time I'd ever been...which to me seems strange because I feel like everyone else I know has been!  It was great to see so many of the monuments and take in a little history.  I wore myself out though!  We did a ton of walking and the temperatrure was in the low 90's!  I seriously thought I broke myself...I was in bed by 6:30!

Looking Forward To...  We have our 26 week OB appointment this week.  Nothing crazy...just meeting another one of the doctors from our office.  We'll get to hear our sweet girl's heartbeat again which is always so great!  I also have my first baby shower this weekend!  It will be pretty small, mostly just close family, but I am looking forward to getting together with people that I love to celebrate our sweet Ellison!  My stepmom Sondra is coming into town Thursday night from Louisiana and Barrett's mom Susan will be in Friday from Florida.  We can't wait to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment