.

.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 27

Dear Ellison,

You are 27 weeks old now and we've made it to the third trimester!!  You're weighing in at around 2 pounds and are about 14.5 inches long from head to heel.  You are sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing your sweet little eyes.  Your brain is very active now, and while your lungs are still immature, they are capable of functioning.  Those breathing movements you're practicing are causing you to swallow lots of amniotic fluid and might cause you to have lots of bouts with baby hiccups.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Twenty Seven Weeks...91 days to go ~ HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER!!

Weight Gain?  According to our OB appointment last week, I'm up 19 pounds.

Sleep?  I am still sleeping great.  I am up twice in the middle of the night, but have no trouble falling right back to sleep.

Miss Anything? Now that summer is upon us, it would be nice to enjoy a nice adult beverage by the pool every now and then!  I'm also having a little trouble figuring out how to get any sun on my back this year without floating in the pool!  :-)

Movement?  She's still moving like crazy!  She has been a little shy though...only my stepmom got to feel her kick at our shower yesterday.  She's been moving around a ton and as soon as someone would try to feel her...silence.  I think she's playing a game with us.  :-)  I see her moving around all the time now.  My belly has been doing lots of rolling and thumping!  I think I may have even felt her first hiccups today at the pool.  I wasn't 100% sure that's what it was, but the thumps were light and rhythmic for a few minutes.

Food Cravings? Still fruit.  I'm eating it like crazy!  I consumed an entire watermelon this week.  Not a personal sized one...a big ole full size melon!  That's a good thing though I guess...at least I'm not consuming whole cakes or pies!

Any Aversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  I have started to have some lower back pain this week.  I'm going to kick up my yoga and really try to get a good stretch at least three times a week.  I'm also treating myself to a massage sometime in the next week.

Best Moment this Week?  Definitely our first baby shower!  It was so sweet and special.  We are so blessed to have such an amazing, supportive family.  Our little girl is going to have four sets of grandparents...how special is that?!  All the little touches were so special.  My sister outdid herself with the craftiness!  Ellison is loved so much already.  We are getting so close to meeting our sweet girl! 
We also got our crib and dresser/changing table this week!  It's all put together and her room is really starting to take shape!  Her little closet is filling with clothes and I can not wait to really start decorating!

Looking Forward To...  A relaxing weekend ahead.  Barrett is heading down to Emerald Isle for "Cousins' Weekend" with his brother and cousins.  While he's gone, I plan to sleep in, read my book, and work on some projects for Ellison.  While I might kick myself later for "wasting" a weekend being unproductive, I plan to enjoy every second of downtime while I can!


3 comments:

  1. I found your blog on Kelly's Korner!

    Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! I'm due with our 1st on December 6th! I'm the first of my friends to get pregnant, so I'm looking forward to reading about your pregnancy journey!

    Congratulations, again, and best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest, rest, rest!! I would sleep in and enjoy a good lifetime movie! Those are the simple (not important) things that mamas never get to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the last comment. You'll never get easy down time again...it's so worth the craziness but take advantage while you can! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete