.

.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Success!

I passed!  I passed!  The dreaded three hour glucose tolerance test is over, and I passed with flying colors.  I got to the office at 8:45, had my fasting blood sugar tested and then drank a doubly sweet version of the drink I got to indulge in last week.  I was able to enjoy the orange flavor today (I had fruit punch last week.)  Then, I waited.  Barrett was sweet and stayed with me in the office until about 11:15 which helped the time pass by. 

After getting poked 5 times (twice in the left arm and three times in the right...the first poke was a missed vein), my blood sugars were as follows:  137, 131, and 41!  That's right....41 was the last reading.  The lady was like, "Are you feeling ok?"  I told her I was definitely feeling a little woozy and was quite ready for lunch!  I shoved some graham crackers in my face, chugged some water, weighed in (down 0.6 lbs since last Wednesday), and bolted out the door.  Then, I treated myself to a cheeseburger and some new Pea in the Pod dresses for my maternity photos.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment