.

.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 28

Dear Ellison,
You are 28 weeks old now!  You're weighing in at around 2.25 pounds and are measuring about 14.8 inches from head to heel.  You can blink your eyes now and bat those sweet lashes that will have Daddy and I wrapped around your little fingers I'm sure!  You may even be able to see a little light shining into the womb.  You're developing billions of neurons in your brain and adding even more baby fat.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Twenty Eight Weeks...84 days to go!

Weight Gain?  Just about 20 pounds exactly.

Sleep?  Still sleeping well, but I am finding that I'm waking up more at night to run to the potty or change positions.
Miss Anything? Not too much this week!  I'm feeling good and can't complain!  Definitely still feeling blessed.  :-) 

Movement?  Absolutely!  She is wiggling all the time.  Every now and then I'll get a giant kick or punch that can literally take my breath away for a second!  It makes me so happy to know that she's getting so strong.
Food Cravings? Definitely still fruit!  I also got a craving for some S'mores the other night.  Luckily, I had all the ingredients in the cabinet!  Instead of a Hershey bar though, I used some Nutella...which was phenomenal!  Here's a pregnancy moment for ya though...I pulled out all the necessary things for S'mores, put them out on the counter, and was just about to spread my Nutella...when I realized that instead of graham crackers, I'd pulled out two Triscuits.  Oops!  Glad I realized that before I proceded!  :-)

Any Aversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  Still having some mild back pain and I had a little pain in my ribs earlier this week.  I think Ellison may have been poking her little elbow right into my side!

Best Moment this Week?  Getting to be lazy!  Well, I guess I wasn't really lazy.  I wrote thank you notes and did some laundry and worked on organizing the nursery a little.  But, I did stay in my PJs while I did it, so I'm counting that as lazy! 

Looking Forward To...  This weekend we're heading to Wilmington to celebrate the wedding of our dear friends Will and Claire!  We are so excited to be a part of their special weekend and can not wait to enjoy a great weekend!

We also have another OB appointment this week.  We'll meet another MD and get to hear that sweet little heartbeat again.  I'll also be doing my glucose test...yuck.  Fingers crossed that I pass.  I'd be really sad if I had to do the three hour test!!



No comments:

Post a Comment