.

.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 29

Dear Ellison,

You are 29 weeks old now! You're weighing in at around 2.5 pounds and are measuring about 15 inches from head to heel. Your muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and your head is growing bigger to make room for your growing brain.  Your bones are soaking up lots of calcium to harden your skeleton.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Twenty Nine Weeks...77 days to go!

Weight Gain?  Around 21 pounds according to the scale in the MD office this week.

Sleep?  I dpn't have much trouble falling asleep, but I'm definitely up at least three times each night.

Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach.  Sometimes I think it would be nice if I could come home and just face plant in the bed!
Movement?  Lots of wiggling and big kicks.  I think Ellison might finally be flipping around because I'm feeling more kicks on my left side near my bellybutton rather than all down low on the right.

Food Cravings? Same old stuff.  Wanting lots of fruit.  I really haven't had any crazy pregnancy cravings!
Any Aversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  I'm definitely really beginning to feel pregnant.  I'm getting tired easily again.  It's hrader to get out of bed and chairs and off the floor.  I feel like my belly is getting bigger by the minute!  I've also had some numbness at the top of my belly just below my bra line.  The doctor said it was pretty common and that it's just caused from sensory nerves being stretched out by my ever growing uterus.  It's a pretty strange sensation!

Best Moment this Week?  While failing my glucose test was terrible, it was so wonderful to hear Ellie Bean's beautiful little hear beat again!  We also had a wonderful time at Claire and Will's wedding this past weekend.  I definitely may have overdone it a little though...momma was tired!

Today was Father's Day!  We are so blessed to have such amazing, wonderful fathers.  I can not wait to see Barrett with our baby girl.  If he's even half the father I believe he'll be, Ellison is going to be one lucky little girl.  I gave Barrett (well, really Ellie) an ECU onesie/hat/socks set and the Led Zeppelin Rock-a-Bye Baby CD.  I told him that he can watch the first ECU game on the couch with our brand new baby girl snuggled up in her ECU attire...and I'll bring him beers.  :-)

Looking Forward To...  Getting this 3 hour glucose test over with!  After my ordeal, I'm going to treat myself to a new outfit for our maternity photo shoot in a couple of weeks! 
We are heading out of town again this weekend for a wedding in Richmond.  Barrett's fraternity brother Ryan is marrying my sorority sister Ashley.  We'll stay with Matt and Lora which is awesome because we get to see them again, and we get to bring Buddy along.  After the wedding, we are officially staying in town until baby girl makes her arrival!  I'm looking forward to staying put and really starting to nest!

No comments:

Post a Comment