.

.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Failed.

So...I failed my glucose test.  Seriously.  I couldn't even believe it.  I asked the lady in the lab to do it again...she wasn't on my team.  So with great annoyance, I am scheduled to do the oh-so-fun 3 hour test next Wednesday.  Yay!  I am really, really, really hoping to pass this one.  Mostly, I'm just annoyed that I will have to sit in the doctor's office for three hours.  Three hours?!  Ugh.  I can't have anything but water after 8:45 Tuesday night.  My appointment is at 8:45 Wednesday morning, and after I drink a much larger portion of the make-your-teeth-fall-out sweet drink, they'll check my blood sugar every hour for three hours.  For those of you keeping tally, that means I won't be able to eat for like 15 hours.  How's that for torturing a pregnant lady?!  Prayers and special thoughts would be much appreciated.  :-)

Other than that terrible news, the appointment with the doctor went well.  I met Dr. Verross and he was very nice.  Ellison's heart beat was nice and strong at 155 BPM...although it did take a little while to find her because she was so jacked up on sugar water.  Poor baby.  

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I failed the 1 hour test too. I had my 3-hour test 2 weeks ago and passed with flying colors. I won't say it was fun, but it really wasn't too bad. Just make sure you bring a book, magazines, etc to keep you occupied and something to snack on when you're done! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I have had a few people tell me they failed the first and passed the second test. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete