.

.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

34 Week Appointment and a Job Well Done!

We had our 34 week checkup today....and Ellison flipped!  We're officially doing this the old fashioned way.  She's head down and now we'll just wait on her to come when she's ready.  It was so, so great to be able to have another ultrasound.  She is so much bigger than the last time we saw her at around 22 weeks.  It's apparently very hard to get a good picture when babies are this far along.  We did get a few sweet profile shots and a good shot of her foot.  :-)

The ultrasound tech gave us an estimate of her size even though it wasn't ordered.  Shhh...don't tell the doctors!  :-)  It looks like she's weighing in at about 4 pounds 9 ounces, which is in the 29th percentile.  So, she's running on the smaller side of average but still looking great!  The tech said if she kept on growing like the average baby, she'd be right around 7 pounds.  We know that this estimate can be off by as much as 2 pounds either way, so we're looking at her being somewhere between 5 and 9 pounds...which is a giant gap and makes the estimate seem really silly!  But, mentally I can handle a 7 pound baby, so that's what we're going with! 

Everything else looks good.  My blood pressure is great, my fluid is measuring at 15 cm (which is apparently right in the middle average), and I'm measuring right at 35 weeks (34 weeks and 3 days today).  Ellison's heartbeat was 142 BPM and sounded strong and steady.  The doctor also said that it was great that I had stopped gaining weight so fast...I didn't realize I was gaining that fast and also didn't realize I had stopped gaining!  She asked if I'd changed my diet, and I wanted to say, "Nope...and I eat dessert every night!"  But, I just said no.  :-)  Anywho, it looks like we're holding steady at right around 30 pounds gained for now, so I'll take it. 

Our next appointment is in two weeks when I'll have my group B strep test done.  Then, we'll be visiting the office once a week till Ellison makes her arrival!  We are getting so close!  Can't wait to meet our little peanut!  :-)

1 comment: