.

.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 33

Dear Ellison,

You are 33 weeks old now!  You're probably weighing in at a little over 4 pounds and are more than 17 inches long from head to heel.  Your skeleton is hardening, but the bones in your head will remain unfused to help you escape during birth.  Your brain is developing like crazy and soon you'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.  You're also able to keep your eyes open when you're awake now.   Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Thirty Three Weeks...49 days to go!

Weight Gain? According to the MD appointment this past week, we're at 28.1 pounds gained.

Sleep?  Sleep?  What's that?  OK, it's not that bad.  I have had a little more trouble getting good solid rest this week though.  I'm up at least three times during the night, but more often it's 4 or 5 times.  I've been having some more hip pain too that I think is from sleeping on my side.  I just don't feel completely rested in the mornings and have had to come home and take a little power nap after work a few times.  I also had to have a small cup of real coffee this week...twice.

Miss Anything? Strangely, I miss my second trimester!  Don't get me wrong, I am so, so excited to be getting closer and closer to meeting our baby girl.  The second trimester was kinda nice though!  I was getting good sleep, I had days where I felt like a cute pregnany lady, and I thoroughly enjoyed every single kick, punch, and jab from Ellison.  Now, sleep's a little rougher, I'm feeling bigger and bigger by the second, and some of Ellie's kicks really hurt! She's a strong little nugget!  I truly haven't had much to complain about during my pregnancy.  In general, I've really felt pretty good.  I think I'm just starting to get a teeny, tiny bit antsy!
Movement?  Oh yes.  And she is so strong now!  Some of her jabs are pretty serious!  She gets way over into my right side sometimes and it's all I can do to get her to move out of there!  I do still really love to feel her though.  I'll catch myself stopping midsentence to pay attention to her.

Food Cravings? Same stuff...fruit, cold water.  I have eaten almost 2 pounds of cherries this week.  They are the most perfect, sweet snack! 

Any Aversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  Still having Braxton Hicks a few times a day.  I'm also experiencing some sharp round ligament pain from time to time.  And, I'm hot and tired...but who isn't these days?!

Best Moment this Week?  We had our 32 week appointment last Wednesday.  We got to hear Ellie's sweet little heartbeat again and were able to sort of get a plan of attack for the next 7 weeks or  so.  We have also gotten so much done in the nursery!  At this point, we've really just got some details to tie up and we have to finish clearing out the closet.  Other than that, we're just about ready for Ellison's arrival!

Looking Forward To...  Barrett and I have a three day weekend!  Our new washer and dryer are being delivered on Friday, and I am super pumped about it!  We'll spend the rest of the weekend relaxing and finishing up some last minute details in the nursery.  I'm definitely looking forward to sleeping in three mornings in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment