.

.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 32 OB Appointment

We had our 32 week checkup today.  We met Dr. Hauschka, who was great and we really liked her.  She said "It's so 'effin hot" and "swamp ass" during our appointment which made me like her even more because she's a real person.  :-)  Things are still looking good with our little Ellie Bean.  Her heart rate was strong and perfect at 146 BPM and we're measuring right on track at 33 weeks (I'm officially 32 weeks and 3 days along). 

The only thing is that Ellison still seems to be sitting breach.  The doctor couldn't be 100% sure, but she said she felt like it was probably her little butt that she was feeling down low.  So, we're scheduled for an ultrasound at our 34 week appointment to see exactly what's going on in there.  We're excited to get the ultrasound because we weren't necessarily going to have another one because everything has been going so well.  It will be nice to get to see her picture one more time!  She'll be so much bigger now than she was at our last ultrasound around 22 weeks!  If she's still sitting quite comfortable breach, they may check again once more at 36 weeks depending on how comfortable she looks where she is or how much space she has to still move around.  If it doesn't look like she has any plans of heading head down, then we'll schedule a C-section for the last week in August.  I have to be honest and say that I wouldn't be that sad if that ended up being the case!  I mean, I get that it's abdomnial surgery and maybe part of me should want to do it the natural way, but it wouldn't be so bad to have a scheduled day and time.  The type A part of me likes a schedule.  I could get things squared away at work, make sure my house is in order, take a shower, shave my legs....  Anywho, I guess we'll see what Ellison's plans are soon.  We all know that her plans are the only ones that really count!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous that you get another ultrasound - and totally with you on your feelings re. c-section. And as always, thankful to have a sneak peak into "what's next" per your blog :)

    ReplyDelete