.

.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 35


Dear Ellison,

You are 35 weeks old now! According to our ultrasound this past week, we know you are weighing in at about 4 pounds 9 ounces which puts you in the 29th percentile.  You are probably measuring over 18 inches from head to heel.  You are running out of room in there!  Your kidneys and hearing are fully developed, and your liver is now able to process some waste products.  Most of your basic physical development is complete.  Your big job over the next few weeks is to gain more weight!   Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Thirty Five Weeks...35 days to go!

Weight Gain? According to our MD appointment last week, we're at just about 30 pounds gained.  My goal was to stay under 40 pounds (I mean, I can seriously gain 5 pounds at lunch not pregnant), so I am feeling OK about it all.  :-)

Sleep?  Other than getting up a few times to pee, I am sleeping OK.  My hips are pretty sore in the mornings from laying on my sides, but I'm not having much trouble falling asleep.

Miss Anything? Mostly just my energy!  I am worn out so, so easily!

Movement?  Oh yes.  Still a wiggle worm.  I am so entertained by watching her rolling around!  It's fun because I can usually feel when she's going to get really active so Barrett gets to see her going crazy too!

Food Cravings? Fresh, cold fruit...especially melons.

AnAversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  I'm losing my ankles from time to time again.  I'm really just noticing it and the end of the day a couple times a week.  I wore my Sperry's today, and I guess they are a little more snug than they used to be, because my ankles were pretty angry when I got home!  A little elevation and a foot massage (thank you to my awesome hubby) seem to cure the issue.

Best Moment this Week? Lots of good moments this week!  At our 34 week appointment, we found out that Ellison has finally decided to flip!  So, she's head down now and we're just waiting for her to decide when she's ready to meet us!  Seeing her on another ultrasound was so great.  We can't wait to see her in person!

My sister and two of my best friends threw us a baby shower this weekend!  It was so perfect!  We got so many wonderful things that we still needed for Ellison's arrival.  Later that evening we had a cookout at our house for our out of town friends, family, and some of Barrett's friends.  I was completely worn out, but we love being able to spend time with our family and friends, and we love celebrating our little one!

Looking Forward To...  We are really pretty much ready for Ellison whenever she's ready, which seems so crazy to me because I remember thinking we'd never get to the bottom of our to do list!  We are having our house professionally cleaned on Thursday (thank you Groupon!) and I'm asking them to focus on our baseboards, floor, windows, and blinds.  Big momma is in no position to get those things done now!  Barrett is taking a Dad's 411 class this week and we have our breastfeeding class Saturday.  After that...bring it on Ellison.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment