.

.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Week 31

Dear Ellison,

You are 31 weeks old now! You're weighing in at around 3.3 pounds and are measuring over 16 inches from head to heel, and you're heading into a growth spurt!  You can turn your head from side to side and your arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump up as fat as accumulating beneath your skin.  Your irises are reacting to light and all five of your senses are in working order!  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along? Thirty One Weeks...63 days to go!

Weight Gain?  According to the scale at the OB's office last week, we are up 26.5 pounds.  Ellie's growth spurt is becoming Mommy's growth spurt!

Sleep? I'm still sleeping pretty good.  I'm up 2-3 times at night, but I'm still falling back to sleep pretty quickly. 

Miss Anything? Mostly sleeping/laying on my belly, but nothing I can't live without for the next 9 weeks or so!

Movement?  Still feeling lots and lots of movement!  I'm feeling fewer big kicks and a lot more general movement.  I love to just sit and watch her roll around.  I'm constantly telling Barrett to watch my belly!
Food Cravings? Same stuff...fruit, cold water.  These may be heat related cravings though as opposed to real pregnancy cravings!

Any Aversions? Yep...still eggs and big chunks of chicken.

Gender? It's a GIRL ~ Ellison Gray.

Symptoms?  Still feeling some Braxton Hicks from time to time, but nothing major.  Ellie has been poking her elbows (or some body party) into my ribs in the last few days.  Usually I can get her to move out of there though.  It has been insanely hot here in the last few days, so I'm just drinking lots and lots of water and trying to stay cool!

Best Moment this Week?  We are making big time progress in the nursery!  We have our new shades hung, found the most perfect mirror for above the dresser/changing table (on sale for $30 no less!), and are just about done painting the end table and shelves.  Now that we're home until D-day, I feel good about checking things off of the ever growing to do list.

Looking Forward To...  We have a few baby prep items coming up this week.  Tuesday, we're going to meet Ginger who runs Ellison's potential day care, Fourth of July is Wednesday, maternity pictures are on Thursday (fingers crossed for no rain and for it not to be 100 degrees), and Saturday we're heading to Childbirth Class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment