.

.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Working Mom

That's me. Ugh. How did that happen so fast? Today was my first day back at work after 12 weeks home with my sweet Ellison. It went too fast. We should get to stay home for 6 months. Or a year. Or forever?

The good thing is that it wasn't as devastating as I thought it would be. I only cried once and she's been a smiley little nugget since I picked her up today. I take great comfort in knowing that she's well taken care of. Being that she's at the Child Development Center at the hospital where I work, I can pop over to see her anytime. Although, I stayed away today because I was worried if I went for a visit I might not go back to work!

I wasn't ready to leave her...would I ever be? But it was good to get back to work. I love my job, the families I work with, and my awesome coworkers. It would be great though if I could just bring Ellie with me and put her in a bouncy seat in my office!

We will survive. Everyday will get easier. She will learn so much and make lots of friends. I'll stay very busy because it's the holiday season at a children's hospital, and before we know it this will be old news. I'd rather be home with her, but I feel blessed to have been able to spend three months with her watching her learn and grow. I imagine our afternoons will he full of snuggles and we will never take our time together for granted. Here's to the weekend! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment yesterday! I totally agree that it wasn't as devastating as I thought it would be and it was actually nice to have some adult conversations! Hope the days pass quickly this week!

    ReplyDelete