.

.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Week 20

Dear Baby Brooks,

You are 20 weeks old now!  I can't believe we're halfway there!  It seems like it has gone by so fast, and yet it still seems like meeting you is still so far away!  You should be weighing in at about 10 1/2 ounces and should be just about 10 inches from head to heel...the size of a banana!  You are doing lots of swallowing these days!  I read that research has shown that babies tend to enjoy foods that they have exposure to during their time in the womb.  Note to self:  eat a wide variety of healthy foods!  Here are the little details of the week.

How Far Along?  Twenty Weeks...140 days to go!

Weight Gain? About 8 pounds.  Definitely have a baby belly now.  I can't suck it in anymore.  :-)

Sleep?  Sleep is still pretty good.  I definitely can't complain.

Miss Anything?  This weekend I was at a bachelorette party for my friend Claire.  Spending an entire weekend with a bunch of girls, particularly when that weekend includes visiting a vineyard, can really make a girl crave a nice glass of Cabernet!

Movement?  Still nothing yet.  The MD said that I'd probably feel something around 20-22 weeks for the first time, so I'm still holding out!  I am thinking about going to get a nice big cup of coffee this week to see if I can get her going a little!

Food Cravings?  Same old stuff....I REALLY wanted a big, fat, juicy, straight from the garden tomato a few days ago.  I can't wait till the Farmer's Markets really get up and going and all the summer fruits and veggies are in full swing!

Any Aversions? Still eggs...And I still haven't felt brave enough for fish.

Gender? It's a GIRL!!!

Symptoms?  I had my first real raging hormone moment this weekend!  At the bachelorette party on Saturday night, as everyone was getting ready to go out...I totally lost my mind for no apparent reason.  I think I had just worn myself out a little.  I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and we'd been going all day.  Out of nowhere...the tears came a running.  I cried, I laughed like a lunatic, and was sweating like crazy all at the same time.  I seriously felt like a crazy person.  I just kept saying, "I really am fine...I'm just pregnant!"  Whew....hormones.

Best Moment this Week?  Making it to the halfway point!  We have got lots to do still...but I definitely feel like we're plugging right along!

Looking Forward To...  Spending this weekend at home getting things in order.  We plan to tackle the guest bedroom closet, drawers, and get furniture moved down to the new guest room.  Once it's cleared out...let the Project Turn the Room into a Nursery commence!



No comments:

Post a Comment