.

.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

12 Weeks

Dear Baby Brooks,

You are 12 weeks old now! You are just about the size of a lime which means you're a little over 2 inches long and weigh just about a half of an ounce! You're starting to develop your reflexes this week.  So, even though I can't feel you, if I poke at you a little bit, you may start to wiggle around.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along?  Twelve Weeks...196 days to go!

Weight Gain?  Still holding pretty steady.

Sleep?  I'm sleeping great!  I am definitely waking up once in the middle of the night to pee, but other than that, I'm having no trouble snoozing.

Miss Anything?  Easy lunches.  I have had the hardest time trying to figure out what to bring for lunch to work.  A girl can only eat PB & J so many times before she starts to lose her mind!  Like I've said, I hope that veggies, chicken, and fish will start sounding better to me in the next couple of weeks and then I won't have as many issues.  I definitely miss throwing together an easy turkey or tuna sandwich!

Movement? Not a peep.

Food Cravings?  Salty things.  This is a little different for me becuase I've always had a raging sweet tooth.  Now, instead of reaching for a cookie I head for the pickle jar.  I have just had to keep telling myself to drink more water so I don't get puffy from all the sodium!

Any Aversions?  Adding to all the other things....fish.  I know I should be eating it because it's good for me and baby, but the though of it makes my tummy flip.

Gender? ?????

Symptoms?  Still pretty sleepy, especially after a long day at work, but other than that I really feel pretty good!

Best Moment this Week?  I woke up a couple of mornings feeling really good!  No nausea and I didn't need to head straight for the saltine crackers as soon as I put my feet on the floor!  Makes me excited that the second trimester is just around the corner!

Looking Forward To...  We have our 12 week ultrasound this week, so we'll get to see your sweet face again!  This time, you're going to look much more like a baby than a tadpole!  We'll get to hear your heartbeat again which will be so amazing!  And...only a week or so till we FINALLY get to shout our big news from the rooftops!

No comments:

Post a Comment