.

.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Trimester Screening & A Little Hint

On Friday, February 24 we had our First Trimester Screening and got our second peek at this little peanut.  This was our ultrasound to measure nuchal translucency, which along with blood work will be a determinant of the likelihood of our baby having Down Syndrome or a few other congenital disorders.  Barrett met me at the appointment again...his goal is to make it to every single appointment which I am super excited about.  He is going to be such an amazing Daddy.  :-)  Just as it was the first time, the ultrasound was such a treat!  Baby's hearbeat was nice and strong at 161 BPM.  This little munchkin is going to be a gymnast!  Baby was literally bouncing around like a jumping bean!  Flips, twists, kicks, barrel rolls, body rolls, and a lot of waving was going on!  I can only imagine what may have been going on if I hadn't cold turkeyed caffeine!  The ultrasound tech said that all that acticity was a good sign because it meant that baby was happy.  It was quite the show.  It is so amazing to me that all of that motion is happening in there and I can't feel a single thing!!  Can't wait to feel those first butterfly flutters.  :-)

Towards the end of the ultrasound, the tech asked if we were interested in having a hint about the baby being a boy or a girl. We said sure!  The tech then said, "Actually, it would be a really good hint."  Sold.  So, even though we know it's not definitive, and we're not going shopping for pink or blue anytime soon, it's so fun to have a little prediction!  She said she's never been wrong and that she wouldn't have mentioned it if she wasn't almost positive.  We're not going to let the cat out of the bag just yet becuase I think it's fun to have people guessing and I don't want anyone influenced.  :-)  Like I said, we are super excited to have our little hint, but I'm not getting my heart set one way or another just yet!  Any guesses?



No comments:

Post a Comment