.

.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

9 Weeks

Dear Baby Brooks -

You are 9 weeks old now! You are just about the size of a medium green olive. That means you're about an inch long and tipping the scales at about .07 ounces! Tiny little thing! Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along?  Nine weeks.

Weight Gain?  None really...I'm pretty much maintaining at this point.

Sleep?  I am sleeping great and pretty much all the time.  I go to bed early, want to take naps (and do), and sleep in whenever I can.

Miss Anything?  Coffee.  And turkey sandwiches.

Movement?  Not a peep.

Food Cravings?  Nothing in particular.  I have been mostly wanting starchy/carby foods which is why it's a small miracle that I haven't actually gained much weight.

Any Aversions?  Chicken doesn't sound that great to me.  And the smell of coffee is just a little much.  Barrett also started brewing his own beer this week and the whole house smelled like corn which was pretty terrible.

Gender?  ?????

Symptoms?  Complete and utter exhaustion!  I read in one of the many baby books I'm perusing that burn more energy laying on the couch baking a baby in my belly than most people do lifting weights in the gym for an hour.  True story.  I'm also experiencing some "morning" sickness (which is a big, fat lie because it's really an "all day" sickness).  I haven't actually gotten sick, but I'm pretty much queasy all the time.  I'm trying not to complain though because I know it could be much worse.  Little victories...

Best Moment this Week?  Being able to really count the week!  Since we found out how far along I was last week, we've been able to keep up with growth/development and fun facts.

Looking Forward To...  The end of the first trimester!  We get to tell all of our family and friends about you!!  We also have our second appointment and another ultrasound on February 24, so we're looking forward to that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment