.

.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

Thanks so much to Sherry over at Our Sweet Life for nominating this little blog for a Liebster Award! Liebster is the German word for favorite/beloved, and this award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers by other bloggers to say "Hey, I like you. Other people should read you too."



Here's how it works...

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.

2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.

3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.

4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.

5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!

Eleven Random Things About Me:

1) My sophomore year of high school, I was in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as part of the Universal Cheerleaders Association.

2) I grew up in Louisiana. My dad and stepmom still live there along with a ton of other family members. If you've never been to LA, you should go. It's like another country.

3) I know that I paint my nails a heck of a lot better than the ladies at the salon because I'm too type A for my own good. But there's something about sitting and being pampered that's too good to pass up, so I still pay for it.

4) My hubby and I met in middle school. We were always great friends but didn't start dating till my senior year of high school. I really only applied to ECU because he was there. Good thing it worked out!

5) I'd rather eat dessert than dinner.

6) I hate running. Hate it. But I'm making myself train for a 5K because I know it's good for me.

7) I really hate all cardio. Except for dancing. I'll dance my pants off at any given chance.

8) I love to read. LOVE it. I haven't read a single book since E was born, but I have been known to spend entire weekends on the couch with my nose in a book. It's probably safe to say those days are likely over!

9) I love to travel, especially to tropical locations, but I'm pretty scared of flying. I tend to work myself up a little bit, and am usually squeezing the life out of Barrett at the first little bump or noise!

10) I was the President of my sorority in college. Go Alpha Xi Delta!

11) It was hard to think of 11 random things about me!

Nominator's Questions Answered:

1. What do you love most about yourself? Everyone should love something about themselves!

-I love that I'm a people person. I can talk to pretty much anyone. My profession requires me to be able to build rapport with people really quickly. I have to become someone's best friend fast during highly emotional, scary circumstances.

2. What is your favorite place you have ever been and why?

-St. John. It's seriously the most beautiful place I've ever been. Clear blue water, white sand, and green mountains. It's so peaceful and undisturbed. And, there are men on the beach who chop open coconuts with machetes, pour in rum, and pass you a straw. Need I say more?

3. What do you enjoy doing most for fun?

-Oh, lots. Being with my sweet family; drinking wine and catching up with friends; sitting with my toes in the water and my tail in the sand.

4. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been doing it?

-I started blogging to document our life. Now that E is here, it's a wonderful way to help our family, who mostly lives far away, keep up with her development and sweet face. I started our blog in 2009.

5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

-In 5 years, I hope Baby #2 has arrived. I hope I'm content with my job. I hope we're just as happy, if not more, as we are now.

6. What was your first job?

-I was a hostess at an Italian restaurant in high school. My first big girl job was right where I am now. Six years and counting...

7. What is your favorite holiday memory?

-When I was little we'd spend Christmas Eve at my grandparents' house. We'd eat way too much, all the cousins would be together, and it was the most special way to bring in Santa.

8. What is your favorite season of the year and why?

-I think I'm an autumn girl. For starters, it's football season. College football season, that is. Pirate football to be exact. I also love pumpkin, and the chill in the air, and Halloween, and our birthdays. And...because its NC, it is definitely still possible to have 85 degree days!

9. What person has inspired you the most?

-I am fortunate enough to be able to work with children and families everyday who are going through some of the most unimaginable circumstances. Through diagnosis, pain, sleepless nights, chemo, and sometimes end of life, these families smile, laugh, love, and show us all how to live life to the absolute fullest. They are true inspirations.

10. What is your favorite vacation memory?

-My honeymoon. It was perfect. A whole week of relaxing with my toes in the sand and not a care in the world with my very best friend at my side.

11. What is your favorite sweet treat?

-All of them!? I've not ever really been known to turn down a treat. I especially like baked goods...cookies, cupcakes, pie, etc. (see random fact about me #5 above)

Questions for Nominees:

1) If you were offered the vacation of your dreams, free of charge, where would you go and why?

2) Are you a cat person or a dog person?

3) Are you in your dream job? If not, what is your ultimate career goal?

4) What is the last gift you were given? What is the last gift you gave?

5) What's worse...Sunday night or Monday morning?

6) If your house was on fire, assuming all people and pets were safe, what three things would you grab?

7) Coffee or tea?

8) Do you believe in love at first sight?

9) What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

10) If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?

11) What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Nominees:

Not sure I have eleven blogs in my regular reading list that will qualify (most of them have lots and lots of followers!) but here are a few of my favorites. Quite a few of them are fellow moms of cutie babies about E's age. I found them with a Kelly's Korner SUYL link up when I was pregnant. Others are friends or friends of friends. Go show them some love. Enjoy!

-Neinast: Life at its Finest
-Angie & Keith: Baby Makes Three
-The Cogdill Crew
-Running with the Raccas
-Our Traveling Nest
-Hudgins on the Move
-Eloquently Emily
-She: Adventures in Motherhood

1 comment:

  1. My husband is from Louisiana too and his dad, stepmom and two younger brothers still live there. It definitely is a different world.

    I finally did my post if you want to go take a look! Thanks for nominating me!

    http://ebethandjason.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete