.

.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Mother's Day

{side note: this has been sitting in my drafts for almost a week.  we've had a rough few days around these parts...more on that later!}

We had the best, best weekend.  I must admit, I celebrated last year too.  This year, though, was so special because I got to share it with my sweet Ellison.

Saturday, we traveled to Burlington to spend the day with my mom.  Ellison enjoyed snuggling with Grammy and Pop Pop.  We had a yummy lunch of grilled ribs and brats, and Ellison even gnawed on a corn cob for a bit (which she loved by the way, and might just be the best teether ever!).  Ellison made all the grandmas the cutest little flower pot.  My mom and Kenny got me a sweet gift: a photo of E from her first trip to the beach (it lives on my desk at work now), a picture of E and me that's on a ceramic tile with a stand, and two new cookbooks.












Sunday, I enjoyed sleeping in a bit and was woken up by the sweetest snuggles from both of my babies!  Barrett made delicious brown sugar pecan cinnamon rolls and fruit salad for breakfast, complete with mimosas!  We went for a picnic in the park and E got to play in the grass for the first time.  It was such a gorgeous day!!  We took a little trip to Target and bought E a new toy to practice walking with (she might be a tad to young for it still!) because everyday is really about her.  :-)  Barrett grilled great steaks for dinner, and I ended the day with a nice glass of red wine.  Ellison got me a gift certificate for a pedicure and a hot stone massage, which was super thoughtful of her!  She also made a sweet little handprint craft for me at school.  But, my most precious gift, by far, is my sweet little family.  I am truly blessed.











 


 

 
Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day!

2 comments:

  1. Your husband makes cinnamon rolls?! Impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that flower pot! So cute! Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    I need to get Elyanah one of those push toys too.

    ReplyDelete