.

.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Fun

We had a fun (albeit short, for me) Memorial Day Weekend! 

Saturday, we headed to Burlington for a crawfish boil at my mom and stepdad's house.  We got to town around lunchtime and Ellison, my mom, and I headed to the Tanger Outlets in Mebane to shop around a bit.  E racked up.  She got lots of fun goodies from Children's Place, Carter's, OshKosh B'gosh, and Gymboree.  The only thing that kept her from racking up at Polo and JCrew was the fact that they didn't have her size.  Lucky little monkey.  My mom and I walked away with almost nothing...except I needed new scrubs for work and we treated ourselves to a soft pretzel and lemonade.  My, how times have changed!!  The crawfish were so, so delicious.  I ate my weight in them and paid for it with swollen fingers later.  My sister and her boyfriend came too, and we had a great time just hanging out and catching up.












Sunday, we headed back to Charlotte early because my dad came into town for a couple of days from Louisiana.  It took us an extra hour to get back from Burlington thanks to race traffic from the Coca Cola 600 and a not so well planned out detour.  Once we were finally back, we headed out to Bad Daddy's Burger Bar for lunch.  This was the first time E was actually IN a restaurant.  The few other times we've taken her out to eat, we sat outside.  She loved it.  She's quite the nosey curious little one, so she was well entertained!  We tried to take naps when we got home (E never sleeps well in her pack-n-play, so she needed a good one!), but Ellison didn't want any part of that.  We walked down to the park and played on the swings and slide (Buddy included).  We grilled out a yummy dinner and called it an early bedtime.





I worked on Monday.  Yay.  Barrett spent the day studying for his CFP, and my dad and E hung out all day.  We cooked burgers on the grill for dinner and just enjoyed each other's company.  It was so great having my dad in town.  We're trying to figure out a good time to get E down to Louisiana for a visit, because his visit was too short!

Hope y'all had a nice weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment