.

.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week 14 ~ Second Trimester!

Dear Baby Brooks,

You are 14 weeks old now! You are just about the size of a lemon at 3 1/2 inches and weigh about 1.5 ounces.  You are starting to do lots of new things - squint, frown, grimace, pee, and maybe even suck your thumb!  You can grasp with your tiny little hands and your liver and spleen are kicking into high gear making bile and red blood cells.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along?  Fourteen Weeks...182 days to go!  HELLO SECOND TRIMESTER!

Weight Gain?  According to Friday's doctor's appointment, I'm officially up one pound.

Sleep?  Sleep is great.  I definitely feel rested in the morning when I wake up and my dreams are so vivid!

Miss Anything?  I have really been wanting a turkey sub from Jersey Mike's lately and it would have been nice to enjoy a glass of wine by the fire this weekend in the mountains!  But, nothing I can't live without!

Movement?  Nada.

Food Cravings?  Today I got a pretty serious taste for a milkshake!  That definitely counts as a calcium serving!! 

Any Aversions?  Still don't want eggs or grilled chicken.  I think I'm going to try to brave some fish this week.

Gender?  We'll know for sure in a month!

Symptoms?  Well, this week I gagged myself with my toothbrush.  Good times.  Barrett woke up and said he though morning sickness was supposed to be over now!  I reassured him that I didn't think it was technically morning sickness because I really felt fine...I just brushed my teeth a little too good!

Best Moment this Week?  We finally got to tell people about you!!  Whew!  That was such a hard secret to keep!  We told our bosses on Monday, send out an email to close friends and family that night, and then on Tuesday we made it Facebook official.  It feels so great to finally be able to say it out loud!!  Everyone was pretty impressed that we'd been so good about keeping it under wraps for so long!  We also got to hear your sweet little heartbeat again and getting the news that so far you look very healthy was amazing!  We had a wonderful little weekend getaway and feel refreshed and ready for the week ahead!

Looking Forward To...  Really getting into the second trimester!  Everyone says that this is when I'll feel the best so I'm looking forward to getting some things done around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment