.

.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 16

Dear Baby Brooks,

You are 16 weeks old now! You are just about the size of an avocado (according to Baby Center) at about 4 1/2 inches and weigh about 3.5 ounces.  You've got toenails and eyebrows and eyelashes!  You still can't open your eyes, but they are moving around and you are sensitive to light.  Here are the little details of the week...

How Far Along?  Sixteen Weeks...168 days to go!

Weight Gain?  I'm actually not sure.  My scale at home is a little wonky, and to be perfectly honest...I think I'm going to stop getting on it!  No sense in obsessing, right?  Anywho...I think I'm still only up a few pounds but it feels like much more than that.  I'm at that terrible in between stage right now...my regular clothes either don't fit, are uncomfortable, fit weird, or are unflattering.  Maternity clothers are still too big and fit weird and make me look much bigger than I actually am right now.  I'm ready to just go ahead and have a for real baby bump so it won't look like I've just eaten too much!!!

Sleep?  I've been sleeping great.  This weekend, I bought a body pillow and slept like a champ last night!  I'm a definitely belly sleeper and I think I stayed on my side all night!  All the baby books say this is the time to definitely stop sleeping/laying on your back (which I won't have too much trouble with) and it's going to get increasingly uncomfortable to sleep on my growing belly.  Hopefully, the body pillow will help me stay on my side.  I may recruit Buddy to snuggle up behind me to keep me from flipping the other way.  :-)

Miss Anything?  Really not anything.

Movement? Nada.

Food Cravings?  I've been wanting a lot of fruit lately.  Thanks to Lora, I have a whole Edible Arrangements bouquet to pick on for a few days.  :-)

Any Aversions?  There's still nothing making me sick, and I think I've turned the corner on my grilled chicken phobia (I had a grilled chicken salad this weekend). 

Gender?  We'll know on April 4 at 9:30 am!
Symptoms?  I have been pretty stuffy and congested for the last couple of weeks.  I can't tell if it's my normal seasonal allergies or if it's another little pregnancy gem.

Best Moment this Week?  Finally feeling like we're crossing a couple of things off the list!  We have the new guest room started and once that's complete in the next few weeks, we'll know the sex of baby and can get down to business on the nursery!

Looking Forward To...  We're thinking about going to browse around next weekend in preparation for registering!  We know that our big ticket items (car seat, pack-n-play, stroller, etc) we'll want to keep gender neutral and we're going to start really looking at baby furniture.  Those big box baby stores are incredibly overwhelming, but I think it's going to be lots of fun to really get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment